UPDATE 10.6.2015: Thanks to everyone for making this a wonderful event again this year! We had a full house of Birchwood supporters in the Lodge on Sunday enjoying good food, community and fun. In addition, we raised over $11,000 to support the mission and ministry of Birchwood Camp. THANK YOU!
WHO: Everyone’s invited! This event is for people who care about camp and support our mission and ministry; it is also a great time to find out more about what Birchwood Camp is all about. Bring a friend! Kids are welcome to attend with their parents– we will have childcare available in Caribou Cabin after dinner. Seating is limited so please RSVP to 907.688.2734 or by email.
WHAT: Birchwood Camp’s Annual Meeting, Dinner and Auction. During this annual event we do a few things: celebrate of the past year of ministry, elect new board members, enjoy a meal together, and support the mission of our camp through the live and silent auction. This year the funds raised at this event will help purchase a new, efficient water heater & boiler for the camp’s bath house.
WHEN: Sunday, October 4, beginning at 4:00 pm with tours of the Camp. The silent auction will open at 4:30 pm in the Main Lodge. The meal will begin at 5:00 pm, with the program and live auction to follow. We plan to wrap up the event around 7:30 pm.
WHERE: This year the Annual Dinner & Auction will be held in the Main Lodge at Birchwood Camp. Click here for directions.
HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US on October 4th!
AUCTION ITEMS: See below for a short list and some photos of a few of our auction items. We’ll be updating this list as more items come in, so check back! We usually have a wide variety of items, from beautiful handmade goods to gift certificates to local businesses to overnight getaways to fishing trips. If you’d like to donate an item for our auction, please contact our office manager, Radie (907-688-2734 or email@example.com).
- 2016 Rainbow fishing trip for two with Dave Wilson of “Let’s Go Fishing Charters”
- One week stay at Las Vegas, NV Condo (3 bedrooms, 2.5 bath, gated community with pool, 7 miles from the strip & the airport)
- Two night stay for two in Alaska Cottonwood B&B, located in a quiet but centralized Anchorage location
- Round-trip tickets for two from Anchorage to Seward in Coastal Classic Adventure Class on the Alaska Railroad
- Family season pass to the Alaska Fine Arts Academy in Eagle River
- Dimond Center Family Fun Pack 5 bowling passes, 5 ice skating passes, 1 week gym pass, VIP savings book
- Guardian Angel “Designed and crafted by Al Kline
- Beautiful nine piece Nativity Set, designed and crafted by Al Kline
- Psalm Lake Print Limited edition glicee print of original watercolor by Aileen Austin
- Anchorage: Life at the Edge of the Frontier, Photo book
- Framed Photo by Walt Hays: Autumn in Hatcher’s Pass, Alaska
- Handmade Scarf & Hat Hand knit from yarn made with wool, silk, angora, mohair, and camel-hair
- $50 Gift certificate to Moose’s Tooth
- Homemade Leche Flan – a Delicious Filipino dessert made by Radie Rapanut, our office manager & amazing chef!
- $50 Gift certificates (2) to Skinny Raven
- Handcrafted Holiday Snowman
- Delicious homemade cookies baked by Carla Wight
- Two large 12 x 12 fused glass plates with beautiful deep fall colors; handmade by Mindy Meyn
- Goblet by Bruce Shellenbaum; made from local birch
- Bowl by Bruce Shellenbaum; made from Birchwood Camp wood
- Pizza Coupons to Round Table Pizza 2 coupons for one large 3 topping pizza from Round Table Pizza in the Dimond Mall
- Large handmade Zebra tote bag by Megan Rutherford
- Canvas Print (16×32) of Denali photo
- Small birch bowl from Birchwood Camp birch tree; handmade by Gayland Wohlgemuth
- Birch Plate Large birch plate/dish from Birchwood Camp birch tree; handmade by Gayland Wohlgemuth
- Handmade table made from spruce and diamond willow, 32″ tall and 36″ across; crafted by Wayne Martin
- Athabascan fan made with spruce feathers and decorated with caribou hair
- Sourdough Waffle Feast for 6-8 people served at the location of your choice
- Fun Halloween themed wreath
- Lime green with poppy flowers designed bracelet and a pair of matching earrings
- Appetizers for 12 people- perfect for your party of choice!
- Loaves of homemade bread
- Intricate 13.5″ round mosaic art piece created by Karen Williams