Birchwood Camp Annual Dinner & Auction
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT FOR THE ANNUAL DINNER AND AUCTION ON SUNDAY! WE HAD A GREAT EVENT, A WONDERFUL MEAL TOGETHER, AND WE RAISED OVER $6500 TO SUPPORT CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS AND CONSTRUCTION ON FIREWEED HALL’S BASEMENT!!
Who: Everyone’s invited! This event is for people who care about camp and support our mission and ministry; it is also a great time to find out more about what Birchwood Camp is all about. Bring a friend! Kids are welcome to attend with their parents– we’ve had some people volunteer to do childcare for us for the event.
What: Birchwood Camp’s Annual Meeting, Dinner and Auction. During this annual event we do a few things: celebrate of the past year of ministry, elect new board members, enjoy a meal together, and support the mission of our camp through the live and silent auction. This year the theme is “Birchwood: Camp for Every Kid.” Funds raised from this event will support camp facility improvements and our scholarship fund so that all children can attend camp.
When: Sunday, October 28, beginning at 4:30pm. The silent auction will open at 4:30pm in the Main Lodge at Birchwood Camp, and guests can also enjoy a tour of the camp if desired. The meal and program will begin at 5:00pm, with the live auction to follow.
Where: The Main Lodge at Birchwood Camp. Click here for directions.
Why: This year the theme is “Birchwood: Camp for Every Kid.” Funds raised from this event will support camp facility improvements and our scholarship fund so that all children can attend camp.
Auction Items as of October 23
We will do our best to post photos of some of the items as the auction approaches. For now, here is the running list of items. Be sure to check back, because we are receiving new items all the time.
- 2013 Rainbow fishing trip for two with Dave Wilson (value $500)
- Group presentation on Alaska culture/whaling/fur items by Barrow native Charlie Brower
- 3 night stay at the Willow Vacation House during the summer of 2013. The house sleeps up to 8 people (value $650-$850).
- Silver or King fishing trip for two from Eagle Quest Cabins and Lodge. Includes one night lodging for the day before, breakfast, and one day guided fishing trip on the Deshka River with sack lunch provided (value $500)
- Lunch with the Alaska UM Conference Superintendent, Dave Beckett
- Fresh Fudge made by Rose McClean
- Custom framed and matted “Alaska Collage” Framed Print by Donna G Slocum (value $275)
- Beautiful Framed Photos by JoAnn Shore and Walt Hays
- Two nights at the Alaskan Host B&B in Willow. Enjoy spacious homes on two-hundred acres with a private lake and hiking trails.
- Light brown hand knitted Qiviut scarf
- Giclee print of Psalm Lake and the outdoor chapel (value $55)
- Hand crafted birch bowl by Gayland Wohlgemuth
- “Peace Be With You” handcrafted cherry wood carving by Al Kline
- Handcrafted wood “Creche ” by Al Kline
- “Sow and Cubs” handcrafted Honduras mahogany wood carving by Al Kline
- Handmade “Fireweed” shoulder bag by Kathy Ozlowski
- Fused glass serving tray with beautiful fern design hand crafted by Mindy Meyn
- Large fused glass platter with leaf design hand crafted by Mindy Meyn
- Fur-trimmed mask of “Mother and child” (caribou skin, various animal fur) donated by ConocoPhillips (value $90)
- Basket of cookies from the heart! Donated by St. John United Methodist Women’s group
- “Ice Fishing II” – a beautiful framed polar bear print by John Seerey-Lester, donated by Willow Air Service
- “Puffin Profiles” – a framed puffin print by Sylva, donated by Willow Air Service
- Up to three hours of rifle, pistol or shotgun shooting instruction for shooters of any age from Burch’s Firearm Instruction. May include both classroom (at your home) and range time. Learn the basics of firearms safety or brush up on shooting fundamentals (value $170).
- Filipino food prepared by the Rapanut family (yum!)
- Two night stay at Alaska Cottonwood B&B in Anchorage
- Gift boxes from Alaska Wildberry Company
- Gift cards to Sullivan’s Steakhouse and Alaska Mill and Feed
- Hand painted wooden box by Willow Constance Walz