WHO: Everyone’s invited! This event is for people who care about camp and support our mission and ministry; it is also a great time to find out more about what Birchwood Camp is all about. Bring a friend! Seating is limited so please RSVP by October 15th to Camp Office: 907.688.2734, email@example.com or to Liz Ashlock: 907.748.2565, firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also click this link to register online.
WHAT: Birchwood Camp’s Annual Dinner and Auction. During this annual event we do a few things: celebrate the past year of ministry highlighting the newly renovated Outdoor Chapel, enjoy a meal together, and support the mission of our camp through the live and silent auction. Dinner will be provided; donations welcome.
WHEN: Saturday, October 27, 2018 beginning at 4:00 pm with the silent auction, dinner, then live auction. We plan to wrap up the event around 7-7:30 pm.
WHERE: This year the live and silent auction will be held in Fireweed Hall and the dinner will be in the Main Lodge at Birchwood Camp. Click here for directions.
HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US on October 27th!
AUCTION ITEMS: See below for a short list and some photos of a few of our auction items. We’ll be updating this list as more items come in, so check back! We usually have a wide variety of items, from beautiful handmade goods to gift certificates to local businesses to overnight getaways to fishing trips. If you’d like to donate an item for our auction, please contact our office manager, Radie (907-688-2734 or email@example.com).
- Moose Tracks print by F. Machetanz 1968
- Moonlit Stakeout print by F. Machetanz 1981
- Cooking class for 10 by Sals New York Grill chef Sal Addonisio, each person can choose what they want to learn how to do like a professional
- 2019 Rainbow fishing trip for two with Dave Wilson of “Let’s Go Fishing Charters”
- Carla Wight’s delicious cookies
- Cabin in Girdwood; 6 bedrooms, ski-in, ski-out, with a full service kitchen and a woodfire pizza oven; use the cabin for 10 days (doesn’t need to be consecutive) in a mutually agreed upon date.
- Tour of the White House
- Round-trip tickets for two from Anchorage to Seward in Coastal Classic Adventure Class on the Alaska Railroad with Alaska Sealife Center passes
- Wood carvings “Nativity Set” by Al Kline
- Counselor for an Hour; Let your child be a counselor for an hour either during summer camp or winter camp
- Ivory carvings
- Small bowl made from Birchwood Camp birch by Gayland Wohlgemuth
- Medium-sized bowl made from Birchwood Camp birch by Gayland Wohlgemuth
- Alaska-made earrings
- Title Wave gift certificates
- Children’s books with stuffed animals; signed by artist Jon van Zyle & author Debbie Miller
- Auntie Anne’s goodies and class for 15 to learn how to make pretzels and learn the history of pretzels