Women’s Psalm Retreat
Due to low registration, Women’s Psalm Retreat is CANCELLED. Please watch out for the Fall Women’s Retreat.
Registration Fee: $100 (Friday-Saturday) or $75 (Saturday only)
In this fast paced world of family responsibilities, career demands and social media, take a break to relax, slow, and grow at the Women’s Psalm Retreat at Psalm Lake on Birchwood Camp. We will be digging deeper into Psalms along the shores of Psalm Lake; the perfect place for God to speak peace and joy into our crazy busy lives! Starting on Friday, April 27th at 7pm with welcoming and a restful evening; followed by Saturday, April 28th sunrise beside Psalm Lake praise, worship, meditation, prayer walk and much more! Leave around 8pm refreshed and renewed.
You have an option to come for overnight, Friday-Saturday or Saturday only.
Click here to register for Women’s Psalm Retreat
Giving Tuesday is a national day of giving that takes place each year on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. This year, it is on November 28, 2017. Giving Tuesday creates a moment around the holidays dedicated to giving—similar to how Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday have become synonymous with holiday shopping. On this day, we invite you to give to Birchwood Camp by donating or volunteering in a way that is personally meaningful. 100% of gifts made through Advance #931068 goes to support Birchwood Camp.
YOU will make the camp experience possible for kids! Your financial gift gives them opportunities to create friendships, explore their faith, practice courage by trying new things, and learn how to live as part of a caring community that is like no other. Your support is vital; in order to make the camp experience accessible to all families, the fees we charge for our camping programs are much lower than the actual cost of running these programs. Your gift actually makes camp happen!
You are invited to the
2nd Annual Christmas Cookies Baking Party at Birchwood Camp!
When: December 17, 2017, 1-5 pm
Where: Main Lodge
Registration Fee: $15 per person
Details: Each person registered will take home 4-5 dozens of cookies. Fee includes all supplies. You may bring your own container or box to take home the cookies. Children 13 and under must have adult supervision. Please register by December 12 to ensure that we have enough supplies for everyone! Please give us a call if you have questions (907) 688-2734 or email email@example.com
Click here to register.
UPDATE: Thanks to everyone for making this a wonderful event this year! In spite of the overcast weather, people came to join in the fun! We started with a Fun Run, then everyone enjoyed the camp activities (boating, SUP, archery, challenge course), and hot dogs & s’mores by the fire circle. In addition, we raised over $18,000 during the auction to support the mission and ministry of Birchwood Camp. THANK YOU!
AUCTION ITEMS: See below for a short list and some photos of a few of our auction items. We’ll be updating this list as more items come in, so check back! We usually have a wide variety of items, from beautiful handmade goods to gift certificates to local businesses to overnight getaways to fishing trips. If you’d like to donate an item for our auction, please contact our office manager, Radie (907-688-2734 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 2018 Rainbow fishing trip for two with Dave Wilson of “Let’s Go Fishing Charters”
- Delicious homemade cookies baked by Carla Wight
- Birchwood Camp Counselor for an hour
- Round fused glass plate with fused glass making tutorial by Mindy Meyn
- Fused glass spoon rest
- “Descending Dove of Peace, Symbol of Holy Spirit”, designed and crafted by Al Kline
- “Peace Be With You, Risen Christ”, designed and crafted by Al Kline
- Dessert a month for a year by David and Christine Duprow
- Use of a Girdwood cabin
- “Rue Clar Flower Stall, Paris”, canvas print, photo by JoAnn Shore
- Walrus on white ivory base by Fritz Waghiyi of Savoonga on St Lawrence Island
- Howling Husky on old ivory base by Nelson, Siberian Yupik
- Swan on slice of old ivory by Archie Slwooko of Savoonga
- Framed photo, “Commemorating the 1989 Wasilla Restart of the Iditarod”
- “The Fish Trap”, B&W framed print
- Leather bracelet with different stones design by Michele Stone of BlingAndBracelets
- Leather bracelet with flower design by Michele Stone of BlingAndBracelets
- 14 Days house and pet sitting (cats excluded) provided by Meghan Woods
- Tickets for 4 to the Alaska Sealife Center in Seward, AK
- Tea lover’s gift basket which includes tea, scones, caramel waffles, & shortbread cookies
- Handwoven table runner or wall hanging
- Birch bowl made by Gayland Wohlgemuth
- REI macro chairs
- Handmade scarf by Carla Wight
- Dimond Center Family Fun Pack
- Gift certificate for a skating party at Dimond Ice Chalet
- 14 days of House and Pet Sitting (excluding cats due to allergy)
A rainbow from the guided fishing trip with Dave Wilson
It’s been a beautiful (if a little rainy) summer this year in Alaska and what better way to celebrate the end than by coming out to Birchwood Camp! We invite you all to come out to camp and join us for the Birchwood Jamboree, August 13th, and help us celebrate the end of another summer camping season.
Go for a jaunt around camp on the 1mi Fun Run or 5k running course, take a boat or Stand Up Paddle Board out on Psalm Lake, check out the new Archery Range, or head out to the Challenge Course. Then, top it all off with a camp cookout – complete with s’mores ($25/person registration for activity + dinner, $100 family cap). Not ready to go home yet? Then stay and check out the silent and live auctions for the chance to bid on some amazing and unique items!
Just want to go on the lake and eat a s’more? That’s fine! Not really into camp activities and just want to check out the auction? That’s fine too! We’d love to see everyone there, no matter how long or short your visit is.
Please RSVP to the camp office (907-688-2734) so we know how many marshmallows we need! Questions? Please call Liz Ashlock (907-748-2565). Already know you won’t be available on the 13th, but want to donate? Check out the link on the home page of Birchwood Camp’s website.
Hope to see you August 13th at the Birchwood Camp Jamboree!