Each year we look for enthusiastic, talented, flexible, compassionate young adults to serve during our summer camping season. This opportunity is open to Alaskans as well as nationwide applicants! Our interns are given the opportunity to experience all areas of camp and will be “all-purpose” employees. This is a great way to gain experience in the camping world, develop your leadership skills, make incredible memories, meet other energetic young adults. We hope you’ll join us; working at camp is the BEST way to spend your summer!
Check out the American Camp Association’s Why Work at Camp!!
Intern Program Details:
Time Frame: All interns serve during our summer camping programs, May 30-July 4, 2013. Some interns will be offered positions through the end of July.
Compensation: Starting at $180/ week, plus room & board and meals while camps are in session.
We are looking for Interns with these characteristics & abilities:
- A love of camping and the outdoors
- Previous leadership experiences
- Desire & ability to be in ministry with children, youth and adults in a camp setting
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, Christ-like attitude, and responsible decision making abilities
- Ability to creatively and prayerfully plan, organize, and carry out programs
- Ability to supervise campers and other staff
- Ability to travel to & from Chugiak, Alaska if not already living in the area or state; transportation is not provided. However, if you live outside of Alaska there may be ways to have airline miles donated for your use. Don’t let this keep you from applying.
- Must be at least 18 years old; 21 and older preferred
- We encourage those with current applicable certifications to apply, such as lifeguard or challenge course certifications. However, certifications are not required in order to be selected for the position.
Interns are Supervised by:
Birchwood Camp’s Director and Program Director. The interns will also work closely with the Dean of each camp (Deans are different for each camp session).
How to Apply:
Sound like it might be the job for you? Check out the full Camp Intern Job Description. Then click below to start your online application. Note: Be sure to select “camp intern” as the position you are applying for.
The intern program has been filled for summer 2013. We will begin accepting applications for summer 2014 on January 1, 2014.
Questions? Call 907.688.2734 or email the camp director.