Double Your Gift on Giving Tuesday
Giving Tuesday is a national day of giving that takes place each year on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Giving Tuesday creates a moment around the holidays dedicated to giving—similar to how Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday have become synonymous with holiday shopping. On this day, we invite you to give to Birchwood Camp by donating or volunteering in a way that is personally meaningful.
Over the last 2 years Birchwood Camp has had a wonderful Giving Tuesday match grant opportunity, which is available again in 2015! Last year you gave an amazing $15,540 in just 24 hours to support the important work of faith formation & character development that happens at Birchwood Camp. This year you can double your support for Birchwood Camp through the UMC Giving Tuesday match campaign and make the Birchwood Camp experience possible! This opportunity is provided by the Global Ministries division of the United Methodist Church (UMC) through their direct giving program, “The Advance,” which means 100% of your gift supports Birchwood Camp. On December 1, 2015, gifts made to Birchwood Camp through Advance #931068 have the chance to be matched.
The Important Details:
This match grant is available to all United Methodist Advance projects across the globe, not just Birchwood Camp. It’s very important to follow the directions below so that your gift has the best chance of being matched on Giving Tuesday.
- You must make your gift by credit or debit card during the specified hours below at our project page on the Advance website. Here’s the direct link: http://www.umcmission.org/Give-to-Mission/Search-for-Projects/Projects/931068. (If you go to the main Advance website please search for Birchwood Camp, project #931068).
- UMC Global Ministries will allocate matching funds dollar for dollar up to the first $1 million in gifts to Advance projects received online on Dec. 1, 2015, between 12:00 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. Central Time. This is a change from last year, when the time frame was based on Eastern Time.
- Please note that for western US time zones the match grant actually opens on November 30th at: 9:00p.m. Alaska Time, 10:00p.m. Pacific Time, 11:00p.m. Mountain Time. We recommend setting a reminder on your phone, computer or calendar for the time the match grant opens in your time zone.
- TIMING MATTERS: During the last two years the matching funds were used up within the first 10-60 minutes of giving. We suggest making your gift as soon as giving opens in your time zone for a better chance that your gift will be matched!
- The Fine Print: A maximum of $2,500 per individual gift to a project will be dispersed as matching funds. Birchwood Camp may receive a maximum of $25,000 in matching funds on Giving Tuesday.
Help reach Birchwood Camp’s $25,000 giving goal by making a gift as soon as the Giving Tuesday campaign opens!
YOU will make the camp experience possible for kids! Your financial
gift gives them opportunities to create friendships, explore their faith, practice courage by trying new things, and learn how to live as part of a caring community that is like no other. Your support is vital; in order to make the camp experience accessible to all families, the fees we charge for our camping programs are much lower than the actual cost of running these programs. Your gift actually makes camp happen!