Birchwood Camp is available to host a wide variety of groups for retreats, workshops, planning sessions, special events, reunions, meetings etc. Please visit related pages for details regarding overnight rental facilities, day rental facilities and challenge course program.
Why Choose Birchwood Camp?
- The camp is located only 30 minutes from both Anchorage and the Mat-Su Valley.
- Our camp facilities are available year-round.
- We can provides meeting, eating and sleeping space for up to 100 people suitable for retreats, educational workshops, seminars, camps, meetings, family outings and worship.
- The camp is located on a beautiful 160 acres of birch and spruce tree forest, and is home to Psalm Lake, which is wholly on the camp property.
- Birchwood Camp offers a restful and inspirational setting, with opportunities for both personal contemplation and community building.
- Buildings are mostly log cabins, which add to the rustic camp atmosphere and blend with the surrounding natural environment.
- We welcome both religious and secular groups to Birchwood Camp, and strive to offer hospitality to all.
- Our rental fees are reasonable, and there are a variety of rental options available to fit the needs of your group.
- All guests have full use of the centrally-located bathroom and shower house. These are the only bathrooms on the site.
- All guests have access to recreation areas, coordinated through the Camp Director.
- WiFi is available in most camp buildings.
- All cabins are fully winterized.
- Wood for heating and outdoor fires is provided by the Camp.
- Birchwood Camp staff strive to provide access for visitors with limited mobility via maintained gravel paths between buildings and gathering areas, ramps to buildings, and wide doors on many buildings. Persons who may need special accommodations should contact the Camp Director.
- Delicious and plentiful meal service is provided for all groups using the Camp.
- Birchwood Camp is an alcohol-free facility.
- All buildings at Birchwood Camp are smoke-free. If needed, please contact the Camp Director about a designated smoking area.
- Birchwood Camp offers recycling bins around camp; guests are asked to please participate in our recycling program by using these bins for their recyclables!
- Groups are asked to leave the camp clean and in good condition before they leave. We encourage guests to practice “leave no trace” principles.
- Read our Guest Guidelines for all the details.
To check availability:
Send dates, facilities needed and contact info by email OR call the camp office at (907) 688-2734.
To make a reservation:
Our staff will work with you to select the dates and lodging package that would best serve the needs of your group. We will then draft an official contract for your group leader to sign. A deposit equal to 25% of the total estimated bill is required to hold your reservation. Groups are also required to provide a certificate of liability insurance to Birchwood Camp as part of the reservation process.