Birchwood Camp is available to host a wide variety of groups for retreats, workshops, planning sessions, special events, reunions, meetings etc. Please visit related pages for details regarding overnight rental facilities, day rental facilities and challenge course program.
Why Choose Birchwood Camp?
- Located just 30 minutes north of Anchorage
- Accredited by the American Camp Association
- Sleeping space for up to 100 people
- Camp facilities are winterized & available year-round
- Delicious and well priced meal service
- Various indoor and outdoor meeting & program spaces
- Idyllic log cabins with heat & electricity
- 160 acres of birch & spruce forest
- Beautiful Psalm Lake, located wholly on the camp property
- Team building opportunities available on our Challenge Course
- Summer water activities available including swimming, canoes, and stand up paddle boards
- Trained and certified waterfront staff
- Ball field, trails, horse-shoes & other recreational opportunities available
- Ice-skating & sledding available in winter (weather permitting)
- Reasonable rental fees and a variety of rental options to fit your needs
What our guests are saying: “Dear Birchwood, THANK YOU so much for your help coordinating this retreat. I had so much going on with all the other details, it was so nice to know that I could count on you to take care of the lodging. Your facilities are beautiful and I am so grateful that I was able to bring my group here.” – Stephanie, group leader
- Birchwood Camp is an alcohol and drug-free facility
- Our sleeping cabins are dry but have heat & electricity
- We have a centrally located bathroom & shower house
- We provide delicious and plentiful meal service; allergies & dietary needs can be accommodated at no extra charge if advance notice is provided
- WiFi is available in most camp buildings
- Audio/Visual equipment is available upon request
- Our buildings are equipped with ramps and we strive to make our facilities as accessible as possible; contact us if you have concerns or need special accommodations
- All buildings at Birchwood Camp are smoke-free; if needed, please ask us to set up a designated outdoor smoking area
- Groups are responsible for their own set up & clean up
- We ask all groups to recycle in bins provided around camp
- We follow “leave no trace” principles
- We provide the wood for heating stoves and camp fires
- We do not provide program supplies or first aid supplies — please bring what your group needs; click here for a suggested guest packing list
- We often have several groups using the camp at the same time (unless you reserve the whole camp); we work with each group to coordinate use of shared spaces
- We have many great spaces available for your use; check out our camp map to see where things are
Before making a reservation:
Please read our Guest Guidelines so you understand our policies and guest expectations.
To check availability:
First, take a minute to learn more about overnight rental options, facilities available for day rental, or our challenge course program. Each of these pages has a contact form where you can submit dates, facilities requested, and contact info to our camp office. We’ll reply with information & detailed prices.
To make a reservation:
Our staff will work with you to select the dates and lodging package that would best serve the needs of your group. We will then draft an official Use Agreement for your group leader to sign. A deposit equal to 25% of the total estimated bill is required to hold your reservation. Groups are also required to provide a certificate of liability insurance to Birchwood Camp as part of the reservation process.