Birchwood Camp offers Dynamic Experiential Learning and Team Building Experiences on our Challenge Course
Benefits to participating in our Challenge Course:
- It’s fun and breaks down boundaries
- It gets your group outdoors together
- Overcoming challenges together fosters cooperation and trust
- The experience enhances communication and problem solving in your workplace, organization or leadership team
- Solving problems as a group builds community and team work
- Everyone can participate! Elements are all below 6 feet and an average healthy individual should have no problem completing the elements.
- Our facilitators are trained according to national standards, certified in first aid and we follow American Camp Association standards for accreditation.
The challenge course is a great activity for teaching team work, cooperation, communication and group building. Both youth and adult groups enjoy the low impact challenge elements. Businesses, youth groups, school groups, leadership teams, staff retreats, leadership development programs and many other groups have enjoyed the benefit of experiencing the Challenge Course together. Challenge Course sessions can be tailored to focus on a theme or issue depending on the desires and goals of your group; when you schedule a challenge course session with us, our challenge course supervisor will contact you to discuss your group’s goals and particular needs.
Participants are lead through team building initiatives and low challenge elements by one of our trained challenge course facilitators. Facilitators provide leadership and debriefing throughout the experience and help ensure the safety of participants. Groups of 15 or more will be divided into smaller groups for a portion of the challenge course experience. Guests renting our facility are encouraged to add the challenge course experience on to their rental package. However, this option is also available to groups that are just here for the day. Consider taking advantage of one of our offerings below for your organization, school or business.
NOTE: We generally require participants to be at least 12 years old. Regardless of age, all participants must fill out our Challenge Course Release Form.
Contact the camp office to schedule your challenge course experience or to discuss the right experience for your group!
Half Day Challenge Course Experience
Select from a morning session (approx. 8 am-Noon) or afternoon session (approx. 1 pm -5 pm) to best fit your scheduling needs. A break is provided in the middle of the session. Minimum 6 participants. Maximum 60 participants.
- Regular Rate: $15 per participant
- Nonprofit Rate: $12 per participant
- Student Group Rate: $10 per participant
Full Day Challenge Course Experience
Full day sessions typically run 9am-4pm with a one hour lunch break. Groups can bring their own sack lunch to eat during the one hour lunch break. The full day format allows groups to progress further into the team building initiatives and low ropes challenges, thus increasing the benefits of participating in the Community Challenge Course. Minimum 6 participants. Maximum 60 participants.
- Regular Rate: $30 per participant
- Nonprofit Rate: $25 per participant
- Student Group Rate: $20 per participant
Full Day Challenge Course Experience & Lunch
This is the same program as above, but delicious homemade boxed lunch is provided during the one hour lunch break. Minimum 6 participants. Maximum 60 participants.
- Regular Rate: $37 per participant
- Nonprofit Rate: $30 per participant
- Student Group Rate: $25 per participant
Team Building Activities
Our facilitators are also available to lead team-building activities and initiatives that do not take place on the challenge course. Typically, these sessions run about 1 hour. These sessions can be scheduled at our site or we can come to you. Contact our office by phone (907.688.2734) or email for information and pricing.Please feel free to contact us with new inquiries or any questions regarding your stay at Birchwood Camp.