COVID PROCEDURE HIGHLIGHTS:
- As COVID changes we are monitoring through www.CovidActNow.org and https://covid-response-moa-muniorg.hub.arcgis.com/
- Masks (please bring your own) to be worn by all campers and staff when indoors and during outdoor activities where 6 foot distancing may not be maintained. Staff will encourage all campers to maintain a 6 foot distancing. All activities where 6 foot distancing cannot be maintained will be evaluated and may not occur (singing, challenge course, etc.) Some activities such as swimming and field games where a 6 foot distancing may be maintained may not necessarily mean masks will be required.
- Cabins traditionally hold 12; this year we will only be 6 per cabin including counselor(s). Plastic shields on the beds and ventilation are provided.
- New check-in procedure including: vehicle procession, only registered camper leaving the vehicle, temperatures upon arrival, and list of COVID risk questions.
- Bathhouse assignments
- Food Services: staff will wear masks/face shields and gloves and follow all food handling protocols. Meals will be served individually plated from the kitchen. Seconds will be available individually plated from the kitchen. No family style or buffet style meals at this time.
- We will use as much time outside as possible including worship, games and activities.
- Small group sizes of 10 or less for each activity are planned.
- We will be increasing our efforts to disinfect commonly touched surfaces. As well as, scheduled personal hygiene including handwashing.
- Staff are encouraged to be fully vaccinated, or have 2 negative COVID tests and/or quarantine for 14 days prior to camp.
- Daily health checks for staff and campers.
- We will be providing further documents and videos on COVID procedures in the coming weeks.
- For further questions please contact our camp office (907) 688-2734
Birchwood Camp is a welcoming camp community and a ministry of the United Methodist Church in Alaska. We practice kindness, acceptance, respect, cooperation, outdoor learning & play. Our camps & retreats provide safe spaces for spiritual formation, genuine community, and character development.
Birchwood Camp is a member of the American Camp Association and has achieved accreditation status by completing a voluntary peer review process of standards applicable to our program. We follow health, safety and program standards to ensure that your camper has a positive, safe experience at Birchwood Camp.
2022 Summer Camps
Camp Fee Details:
During the past year and because of the unprecedented time we continue to live in, Birchwood Camp will be monitoring the spread of Covid 19 closely and reserves the right to cancel any and all camps at any time. If cancelled, all registrations will receive a full refund minus a $75 administration fee.
All campers must have a current health history form on file at least 10 days before their camp session or an additional late fee may apply.
Our cancellation policy: All camp registrations require a $75 non-refundable deposit. Cancellations at least 30 days before the start of the camp session will receive a full refund except for the $75 non-refundable deposit. Cancellations at least 14 days before the session start date will receive 50% refund. Cancellations within 14 days of the start of a camp session will receive no refund.
A Note About Fees:
Did you know that your camper’s experience is possible through the generosity of supporters committed to camping ministries? Registration fees are significantly less than the actual cost of providing a faith-building camp for your child. We keep our fees low and offer generous scholarships so no camper misses out on the chance to come to Birchwood Camp. We invite you to prayerfully consider making a donation to help us continue offering low fees and scholarships for campers.
Click on the following links for more information: